Happy February beading friends!
Do you feel a surge of energy when you realise the daylight hours are noticeably longer? We certainly do but perhaps this is also attributable to completing the annual inventory! Now we can look into new projects and new merchandise.
We had to laugh when reading this statement from Albert Einstein: "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." And then this one from Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right." And this one from Paula Coelho: "There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." When reflecting upon the 39 year history of this company, we can say all the statements are very true.
It is natural to try to avoid making mistakes so here are some ideas to apply to your bead shop visits that we have picked up from customers over the years. Some of these might make you happier with your bead store visits.
- Have a plan such as a dream, a design or a shopping list.
- Take a tour of the physical store or the website. See what's new or what might help you with your idea.
- Ask questions of the store staff or do an internet search to get the best possible advice.
- Identify the colours your think you want.
- Looking at finished jewellery in the bead store, online or in other stores can inspire creative ideas.
- Consider signing up for newsletters or looking at social media posts to find out what is new and whether there are special events planned.
- Decide wheter learning a new technique will spur your creativity.
- If you are wanting to fix a piece of jewellery, take it with you to the physical store to make certain you get the correct size, colour and type of materials to fix it properly.
Wishing you a fabulous February!
Meredith, Brent and Carrie